The major problems that lead to this research are poor communication approach of the company to old and new customers which did not make provision for dynamic online/offline business. These computerized of this studies look into integrate and distribute enterprise resource planning with customer relationship management system. This is a business organization term for methodologies, software and usually internet capabilities that help an enterprise management customer relations in on organized way is a widely implemented strategy for managing a company’s interactions with customers, clients and sales prospects. It involves using technology to organize, automate, and synchronize business processes principally sales activities, but also those for marketing, customer service, and technical support.
- Background Of The Study
One of the greatest advances in the world of information technology is the rapid development of communication which has brought world into a global village. We can send mails electronically (e-mail), search for information(www), buy goods online (e-commerce), withdraw transfer money (e-banking), schooling online(e-learning), this has affected the society positively to a great extent, as result computerization of customer complaint should not be exempted.
Application of technology of customer complaint has been adopted in some of our developed countries for over two decades now, and this has help the government or ownership to improve on the efficiency of their goods and services. Switching from existing manual customer services to a computerized customers complaints system can be difficult. There are many factors to consider and some pitfalls to avoid. However the return on investment and benefit to your business can really make it worth your time and effort.
In order to provide better customer support for any company customer support system should be effective. This system will increase the company reputation by providing better services and request feedback from customers. As we know customers are key for identifying problems.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
The major problems that lead to this research are poor communication approach of the company to old and new customers which did not make provision for dynamic online/offline business.
- Aim Of The Study
The aim of this study is to design and implement a computerized customer complaints system.
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
The objectives of this study are;
- To develop a customer information system to ensure proper management of customer details record.
- To improve company advertising and marketing through the use of the mail shots.
- To boost sales by sending mail shots during exhibitions and sales.
- To ensure and complete payment of business customers.
- To ensure accurate data connectivity between departments of the organization.
I.4 Significance Of The Study
Moving from the old ways of attending to customers to a computerized customer’s complaint system is very significant to any retail business activities because of the return on investment and benefits to one’s business. It aids the accurate data collation for effective management of the business and been able to catch up with customers’ demands. This project would be useful in communication system with the following advantages it possesses.
- It saves time
- It is efficient
- It is modern and reliable
- It is very fast, accurate and security conscious
1.5 Scope Of The Study
This project covers ABK GOODIES SUPERMARKET. It is to design a computerized customer complaint system for ABK GOODIES SUPERMARKET where their customers can easily drop their complaints without going through any stress.
1.7 Limitation Of The Study
Usually, every work has some limitations and this study is not exempted. sThe two major limitations of this study are the high programming technique as well as financial constraints. The high programming technique constraint in PHP, JQUERY and MYSQL prevents the researcher to have an in depth study and analysis on the subject matter. While the issue of financial constraint limits the frequency of investigation to/from the institution toward gathering the necessary information relevant for the study.
1.8 Definitions Of Terms
- A person or an organization who buys and services from a store or shop or business
- The way in which two people, groups or countries behave towards each other or deal with each other.
- The way to which to or more things are connected
- The people who run and control a business or similar organization
- The act of running and controlling a business or similar organization
- The act or skill of dealing with people or situation in a successful way.
- An organized set of ideas or theories or a particular way of doing something
- A group of things pieces of equipment e.t.c that are connected to work together.
Consist of data that have been processed and are meaningful to a user.
A data warehouse is a repository of an organization’s electronically stored data. Data warehouse are designed to facilitate reporting and analysis.
Data Flow Diagrams
Data flow diagrams illustrate how data is processed by a system in terms of inputs and outputs.